Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Christening

I wore these blue wedges for the first time two weeks ago when my boyfriend asked me to hang out with him and his family at a mall. I thought we were just going to have dinner and probably watch a movie, and figured that it wouldn’t hurt to break in my new shoes that day. When I met them though, they told me there was a change of plans. We were going to the banchetto at Ortigas instead (banchetto is a weekend midnight food market)!


I was psyched! It was my first time to go to a banchetto, and I’ve heard and read raves about it. On our way there it was raining and my shoes got a little wet, but I was fine. When we arrived there, though, it was a different story. I saw that the grounds were covered in gravel and sharp stones. Not very shoe friendly! However if I wanted to explore and eat I had to brave it. So I did.

At the end though I had to look at my shoes. There were plenty of scuff marks. When I flexed my left foot, the sole separated from the rest of the shoe. I sighed. At least all it would take to fix it is some super glue. And at least I got to familiarize myself with the workings of a banchetto.

I changed from my uniform to this:

Thrifted striped top, jeans from Giordano
blue Ferretti wedges
ring from my aunt
ring that I bought from Divisoria
BTW, the title is in reference to my shoes being "christened" after being worn for only one day. And since this is my first formal post, I take it as a welcome into the fashion blogging world.

PS: I'll look for better lighting and locations next time, haha. And thanks to my friend Mia for editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment